DIFI is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit organization. We were incorporated in Ohio originally as a 501(c)4 non-profit organization in 1978, and became a 501(c)3 in 2007. The DIFI Board consists of one delegate from each of the member organizations, currently numbering 32 (as of 2017). There is one meeting per month in the lead-up to the Festival in May, usually the first Sunday of each month, except for Super Bowl Sunday in February. Our meetings are open to the public and are normally held at the Eintracht, 2707 Old Troy, starting at 6 PM and run anywhere from one to two hours.
Along with the Board there are 6 officers, elected to alternating two-year terms. The current officers are:
- Rosetta Schaffner, President
- Justine Deeter, 1st Vice President
- Alicia Stough, 2nd Vice President
- Jim Zaidain, Sgt at Arms
- Brian Tsou, Treasurer
- Joan Manzo, Secretary
Other people with titles include:
- Cheryl Castro, Main Coordinator
- Cheryl Castro, Interactive Coordinator
- Sarah Schaffner, Youth Coordinator
- Wayne Gulden; Marilyn Knight, Past President
Here are some links to our governing documents.